Welcome to Civocracy! Our platform was created for all those pushing for change in their communities and organisations. It’s a space for you, your ideas, your community.
On this platform you will find the tools to share your opinion, vote on new projects, exchange ideas with other users and engage with issues that matter to your community. Among the diverse range of topics, there’s plenty of opportunity for you to contribute your opinions and experience or share your expertise and knowledge.
On Civocracy’s platform, your contributions are the key focus. It is a space for constructive dialogue where everyone can participate and feel comfortable and confident.
To ensure that a constructive frame for exchange is given where all users feel safe and respected, we ask our users to follow 10 golden rules:
- If you disagree with a particular contribution, we ask you to respond to it in an appropriate manner. Express your objection using a respectful tone and without attacking the contributor or other users.
- Be as clear and constructive as you can in your contributions. Keep in mind that sarcasm often gets lost in (digital) translation and can easily be misinterpreted, for example.
- Avoiding repetition is key to growing a constructive exchange. Make sure to check the previous contributions before adding a new one to see if your point has already been expressed by someone else. You can give this contribution your support by clicking the ‘upvote’ button and/or add to it by replying to it.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory and otherwise inappropriate or hateful comments are not tolerated on this platform. Comments that violate this rule will be hidden from view or permanently removed depending on the level of infraction.
- Please be aware that contributions written in all capital letters or using multiple exclamation points will also be deleted.
- Civocracy’s platform is not meant to be used for advertising. Contributions that have a purely commercial purpose or contain advertising will be removed. References to other sites or links must be relevant to the topic discussed.
- We strongly encourage you to use your real identity and to add a picture to your account when you sign up to the platform. By doing so, you will:
- bolster your own contributions by giving them credibility
- encourage other users to maintain a respectful tone on the platform
You can make contributions using your real name, a pseudonym or you can choose to remain anonymous. Any wrongful use of another person’s name or pseudonym is strictly prohibited.
8. Please make sure that you don’t infringe on any copyright when uploading a link, a picture or a document to the platform. Remember to list the name of the author and to get his/her consent before publishing.
9. Make sure that you mention the source of your citations when including them in your contributions.
10. But most importantly: have fun, learn, explore, share, create… and repeat!