It’s time for debating! Here, you’ll find all the information you need to understand the discussion mode.
💬 First things first, what is it exactly?
The discussion mode is the place made for debating, always in a constructive way of course. Here, you can interact with other participants by commenting their opinion, upvoting, or reacting. This mode differs from the others because it allows you to go deeper into the discussion: more ways of interacting and longer contributions.
So, do your bit by sharing your experiences, illustrate it with images or videos. You can share other documents if you think it’s useful to the ongoing debate.
Let’s make one thing clear: there is no bad participation.
This place is made for constructive and respectful conversations between people willing to create together. So, whether you are sharing your opinion in a long contribution or leaving a “So inspiring!” reaction, you’re already participating, and that’s amazing! 👏
Now, let’s get started. When you land on the Organisation’s project page, you will find all the information you need to understand the topic of the discussion. You can get to know the Organisation and what they will do with the results when the discussion is over.
📢 How can I participate?
- Read the other participants’ opinions, to get an idea of what is being said
- React to a contribution with the different reactions, to show your support or your disagreement
- Leave a comment below one’s proposal
- Share this contribution on social media, to spread the word around you
Zoom on the civic reactions
At Civocracy, we created civic reactions especially for you to react on the platform.
"I agree": when you want to show your agreement or your support to other participants
"So inspiring": when you love an idea and want to show that it inspired you
"Makes me think": when an idea makes you think, or when you're not sure
"Needs to be addressed": when an idea is so important it needs to be brought to the fore and the Organisation needs to do something about it
"I disagree": when you want to show your disagreement with an idea
If you really like a contribution and want to get notified about it, you can save it. For this, tap on the “...” on the top right corner and select “Save”. You can find all the proposals you saved in your profile page, in the “saved” tab.
🖍️ Focus on the best!
The highlighting tool makes the contributions easier to read by bringing out its main ideas. Find easily the most popular contributions and their big ideas. If you’re reading a proposal and see that a main idea hasn’t been brought out, go ahead and highlight it yourself! It will help the other participants see it too.
📝 Leave my own proposal
The second and most constructive way of participating is to leave your own proposal. For this, type into the “What is your opinion” bar. It is very easy to add your contribution:
- First, think about a catchy headline to your contribution. Keep it short and simple: everyone reading it should understand what your contribution is about.
- Then, you can add as much detail as you want in the description. Keep in mind that the other participants will only see the first few sentences before clicking on “More”, so the first sentences are the most important. You can also add a picture, a video, a link or a PDF document to support or illustrate your contribution.
- Don’t forget to highlight up to 3 main ideas of your contribution. By doing this, you put forward the sentences that best illustrate your contribution to the other participants, if they do not read it entirely. And with this, you’re more likely to get more upvotes!
- Lastly, you can add themes to your contribution. It will help the Organisation manage the flow of ideas. It will also be easier for you to filter and search for the topics you are interested in in others’ proposals
🛑 If you read a contribution that seems like advertising, abusive or inappropriate, you can report this on the platform. We will read it and delete it if necessary.
When the discussion is closed, meaning that it reached its end date, it is unfortunately no longer possible to contribute. However, you are still able to read all the contributions. And the results should be published soon enough!
Have fun participating!