Our Questionnaires feature allows administrators to collect answers on specific issues, giving them a better understanding of their community's members and opinions, which in turn supports their decision-making. At the same time, it provides participants with an additional, more targeted way of giving input on issues relevant to their community.
Where do I find the questionnaires?
Depending on your community's settings, questionnaires can be found...
- ...in the 'Questionnaires' section of the sidebar-menu on the community homepage. If there is no Questionnaires tab on the menu, the module is not being used by your community at the moment.
- ...on the concertation page. When a questionnaire is added to a specific concertation, it'll pop up as you click 'participate' at the bottom of the concertation's introduction page.
- ...on the community homepage. If your community decides to create a 'registration'-questionnaire, it'll pop up after you've registered and visited your community's homepage.
If you follow a community, you receive an email informing you every time a new questionnaire is added. The link shown in the email will take you directly to the questionnaire.
... and how do I participate?
To participate in a questionnaire that isn't linked to a specific concertation or functions as a registration-questionnaire,
- Go to the 'Questionnaires' section in the sidebar-menu on the community homepage
- Choose a questionnaire that interests you and click 'take the questionnaire'.
Concertation- and registration-questionnaires automatically open after you've clicked 'participate' on a concertation-page or when you visit a community homepage as a registered user. If your community has made the questionnaire mandatory, you have to fill it out before participating in a specific concertation or on the community homepage.
You'll only be able to fill out a questionnaire once!
As an administrator, there's a few things to bear in mind while setting up a new questionnaire. The following guides you through the steps.
What can I use a questionnaire for?
It's crucial to know what kind of information you're hoping to get from a questionnaire as this determines which type of questionnaire you'll use.
- the registration-questionnaire allows you to collect more information about the participants themselves (such as age, occupation etc.).
- if you're looking to go deeper into certain aspects of a concertation and/or to sensitise the participants to the issue discussed, you can set up a questionnaire that's linked to the specific concertation.
- to collect input on and/or increase participants' awareness of a more general issue, you can open a questionnaire in the Questionnaires section of your homepage.
How do I open a new questionnaire?
Before you create a new questionnaire, make sure you know what you want to use it for!
For general and registration questionnaires
If you're creating a questionnaire to gain a better understanding of your community or their sentiment on an issue not linked to specific concertation,
- Select 'Questionnaires' in the sidebar-menu on your community homepage
- Type in a title and hit 'create new questionnaire'. This will take you to the edit-page of the questionnaire.
- If you want to use it as a registration-questionnaire, go to the 'Questionnaires' section and click 'options' after you've created and saved the questionnaire. Select 'make this the registration questionnaire' from the drop-down menu.
If you're opening a questionnaire that's linked to an ongoing concertation of yours,
- Go to the introduction page of the concertation and click 'edit' in the top-right corner of the page.
- Scroll down to the Questionnaires-section and click 'create discussion questionnaire'.
If you want everyone who participates in the concertation to fill out the questionnaire, check the box 'mandatory: this questionnaire is mandatory to access the issue'.
Make sure you change the visibility settings to 'questionnaire is visible'.
How do I set up a new questionnaire?
After you've determined what you'll be using the questionnaire for, all that's left to do is setting up its content.
Step 1 - Find a title and fill out the legal notice text
To get to the edit-page of the questionnaire, you first need to enter its title.
Next you'll be asked to enter the 'legal notice text' that will appear underneath each question. You can use it to share a customised legal notice text with the participants or other important information regarding the questionnaire (such as your data processing policy).
Step 2 - Adding your questions
To create a new question, simply click 'add question' underneath the 'questions' banner. And make sure you click 'save question' after you've added a new one!
As you type in your questions, you have the option of making each of them a 'required' question. If you select 'yes', participants will have to answer the question when they fill out the questionnaire. If you select 'no', participants can skip the question.
To give you the best suited format for asking your questions, we have created 6 different question-types to choose from.
- Text answer: participants can enter their answers manually, giving you exact insights into their views and opinions on a specific issue.
- Choose answer: participants can choose from a set of answer choices that you create yourself. Click 'add answer' for this. You also have the option of allowing an 'open answer', meaning that participants can choose 'other' and enter their answer manually.
- Multiple choice: participants can choose from a set of answer choices that you add yourself.
- Yes/No: participants can choose between 2 answer choices. You can change them to something other than 'Yes/No'. This question type allows for a logic-jump, meaning that participants will automatically be taken to a specific question if they select one of the two answer choices. You can set the question you want participants to be taken to underneath each answer choice.
- Range: participants can express their position towards a question by reference to a scale. Choose between numbers or letters for this and set the start and end value for your range.
- Interleave page: you can add 'interleave pages' in between questions to provide the participants with additional information or introduce a new part of the questionnaire. Just type in your message and click 'save question'.
Step 3 - Save the questionnaire
Don't forget to click 'save questionnaire' after you've added the questions!
How do I edit, close or delete an existing questionnaire?
For existing registration or general questionnaires,
- Go to the 'Questionnaires' section in the sidebar-menu
- Click 'Options' in the bottom-right corner of the questionnaire and select 'edit', 'close questionnaire' or 'delete'.
To edit a concertation-questionnaire
- Go to the introduction page of the concertation and click 'edit' in the top-right corner
- Scroll down to the 'Questionnaire' section of the edit-page and click 'edit'.
How do I see the results of the questionnaire?
To track the progress of your questionnaire, you can access its (preliminary) results at any point. For this,
- Go to the questionnaire in question and click 'options',
- then select 'Results'.
This will take you to the results-page where you can, amongst other things, see the total number of visits, the completion rate so far as well as the responses submitted to the individual questions.
You can download the results by clicking on "download results"