Your Civocracy page is equipped with an ‘Updates’ feature. This allows you to inform your followers about the discussions/consultations, events (on and offline) and other developments.
Sending out updates is beneficial for two key reasons: firstly, participants will have all the information they need to have a constructive exchange about a certain issue, and secondly, it re-engages participants, who often return to the discussions/consultations given this prompt.
Updates can be sent...
- To all users who follow your community
- Only to the users who follow a specific consultation/discussion
So how do you send an update to your entire community?
- Click on ‘News & Updates’, which is located in the grey summary bar on your home page
- Under the heading ‘Send an update’, add a title and content to your update in the corresponding boxes.
You can also add photos and videos to the update!
- To publish your update, click "Send an update"
All followers of your community will receive an email notification informing them of this update.
Sending updates to consultation/discussion followers only.
You also have the option of sending updates only to people who are following a specific consultation/discussion rather than to your entire community.
- Go to the introduction page of the consultation/discussion and scroll down to the bottom of the page
- Under the heading ‘Send an update’, add your title and the content to your update in the corresponding boxes.
Note that you can add photos and videos to the update, too
- To publish your update, click ‘Send an update’
- Alternatively, tick the box ‘Send later’, select the date and time you wish to send your update, then click on ‘Schedule and update’